Kayla Itsine’s 3 month Bikini Body Guide Ebook

Saturday, May 17, 2014 0 comments
I have been meaning to write about this training fitness guide I have been following for two months now. I am super happy with it because I have seen changes not only in my weight (which I do not find important at all) but in my body shape. My torso, legs and glutes have gotten slimmer over all and I have been told as well so it is not just in my head! I have also dropped 2 kilos (possibly more but I never weighed myself at the beginning since I did not have scales) which for me is a lot because I am not a heavy person to begin with so I know that I will not be losing a whole lot of weight. My goal is to be more toned, especially my legs and torso. I started out at 53 kilos (and at some point 54 right after I came back from A LOT of drinking and unhealthy eating in Thailand and then had a week off in London where I hardly worked out and continued eating badly). After around a month and a half of this program I weighed in at 51.1 kilos which I was very proud of. However, based on my before and after pictures, I actually expected it to be more! It really goes to tell you how little weight matters. If you are seeing a change in your body and that clothes fit you a lot better isn’t that a lot more important than a number on the scales?


(get ready to get your butt kicked with this ebook...)

Anyways I will explain this training guide briefly and provide a link for anyone who is interested; and I REALLY DO recommend it for any girls looking to slim down but stay toned by following a rigorous training plan. The workouts are broken down into high intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions, which comes in at the last month, low intensity steady state cardio training (LISS) sessions, resistance training sessions and stretching sessions for muscle rehabilitation. If you want a little more detail I recommend going over to her website and reading a little more into it. Basically in the first month you start out by doing 2-3 resistance trainings, 2-3 LISS sessions and a stretch session PER WEEK. In the second month the training starts to intensify by adding in more resistance and LISS sessions per week and finally in the last month adding in HIIT training. Each resistance training targets a certain part of your body (arms, abs, legs or whole body) and it consists of circuits you go through as fast as you can in 7 minutes. You repeat this 3 more times so you end up doing a total of 28 minutes of resistance training which includes a mix of plyometric and body weight exercises. In any case her website has a one week free trial for anyone interested in doing it and, again, I recommend it!!! My boyfriend and I did a session the other day, he did abs and I did legs and he could only do it halfway through! Okay it IS true that he is injured and as a result has been a little out of shape lately... but he plays football regularly, lifts weights at the gym and is in general pretty fit, but this one KICKED HIS BUTT :P


(A sweaty twinnie selfie after a workout from the ebook)

Now I am on my last month. I have just taken a one week break because my knee was starting to hurt after I got absolutely destroyed on a 8K run with my best friend. I don’t want to push it because I tore my ACL 3 years ago so any knee pains I get I take VERY seriously J Anyways, this one week break does not mean I have been doing absolutely nothing. I have still been going on walks daily (lately I am trying to shoot for one hour at 6.8K/hr). I have also done two resistance trainings from Kayla Itsine’s ebook and I have gone out two nights to dance salsa. 


(My schedule for the next month to keep track of my workouts)

However the real deal starts on Monday. I am aiming to continue the one hour fast walks in the mornings before breakfast (or half an hour if I have to be somewhere early). For the first time I will be doing HIIT runs (10-15 minutes alternating between 30 second sprints and 30 second rests) so I am very excited about that! Fingers crossed for my knee to behave! As well as very intense resiatance training which I aim to do 4-5 times per week, mostly targeting my legs and my arms the least. Finally, I will try and be a little more careful with my diet as these past months I have been good overall but haven't looked at what I have been eating too closely. Starting by more green smoothies! Also gazpacho as it is gazpacho season mmmm....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 L&R | TNB