London: Lion King, Shrimp & Old Friends

Monday, March 17, 2014 0 comments
Last week I spent two weeks in London and had a great time! I was very original and went to a musical J But you can’t have a proper trip to London without going to a musical… I was also invited AND it was the Lion King so there was triple excitement there.



 
















Here is a picture because I was not allowed to take pictures once it started if not I would have documented the whole thing. It was AMAZING. It is also my second time watching it but I hardly remembered since it was 10 years ago. I was amazed by the creativity behind the costumes and scenery. I always am when I see plays adapted from movies since it is so much harder to recreate scenes live than on film. Of course I understand there are different challenges facing animation films like The Lion King. In general, though, I was amazed at the talent behind the musical because they manage to keep me entertained the whole time and not once was it lame which is also why many adults are also able to watch it without finding it boring or cheesy.





Here is a dish I prepared while I was in London. I bought precooked brown rice because I was lazy, shrimp and green beans. I fried the prawns with garlic and chilli for around 5 minutes and then added the green beans. Finally I added the rice and drowned the dish with soya sauce when it was all finished (not my
intention, more came out than expected…)

I also visited the Science Museum and Imperial College of London in South Kensington which is such a beautiful area and I am even eagerERRR to get accepted to the masters I’m looking at in London. I have an interview this Thursday which I am nervous about.




All in all it was a great trip where I got to see many school and university friends. Here are some more stereotypical pictures from London.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 L&R | TNB