Filling Space

Sunday, March 2, 2014 0 comments

Here is my latest abstract drawing. I did this with an ink pen I got for free somewhere. I really enjoy drawing these because for an hour I am completely focused on the task in front of me. Nothing else is relevant, just the pen, paper and my ideas. I searched the images on the web separately and mindlessly copied them each down filling the bigger spaces. Then I went about filing the background space with minute detailed patterns and designs.That is why I felt it was appropriate to call this 'Filling Space' because that is what it felt like I was doing. Not in a bored desperate act to fill my time with a mindless activity. The name seems to suggest that but without delving into the matter too deeply the truth is sometimes more obvious than that. It really was just a desire to produce a piece of art by grabbing a pen and filling up a paper with a design I would enjoy drawing and would later enjoy looking at. I also like that nothing ever seems out of place in a sketch like this. The crazier it gets the more appropriate the overall design seems to me. On my next drawing I want to elaborate on stencils. I did not think the one I drew in this piece would come out so defined, I thought it would come out as a black blotch where the figures would be unrecognizable. It has given me ideas for my next drawings... Hope you enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 L&R | TNB