Only Positive Situations

Sunday, March 23, 2014 0 comments
'Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation' said Michael Jordan. I say, don't bother turning anything... simply, don't allow it to exist!



Two months ago, after reading the book The Magic by Rhonda Byrne and integrating its teachings into my day-to-day life, I noticed considerable changes in my day. It teaches you to be grateful for everything that happens and in doing so changes any negative challenge coming your way into something positive. If something bad happen I would think, what can I take from this situation? If it is happening it is for a reason. What is that reason? 

After a month of slow decline away from this thinking I was faced with a situation that awakened this type of thinking and reminded me how much happier I am with it in my life. This morning I was in the mood to go for a run but it was rainy and very cold outside. I was torn between going out and getting my new shoes dirty (first world problems…) or staying in when I really had my mind set on going for a run. My mind suddenly turned into a ping pong match. Yes I’ll go for a run outside but wait I don’t have waterproof outdoor clothes and I have to wait for my phone to fully charge. Ugh but if I stay inside I will not get to do that 10K run I just got really pumped up for …etc.

Who cares? I know that anything I end up doing I will benefit immensely from. It doesn’t matter that I am not able to go outside because I am capable of making the most out of whatever situation presents itself to me. In this particular situation it dawned on me that maybe it was raining for a reason. I realized that I always started my indoor workouts with a run outside and by the time I start the indoor work out I am tired out and don’t push myself. This helped me think of more reasons why it would be good for me to stay inside. Many things soon followed. One of them being that I decided I could put that warm up run time into some yoga after the indoor workout…


Affirmation of this post: I will accept any situation that comes my way with open eyes and arms. I do not push away negative situations, I simply do not allow them to exist by manifesting gratitude and positivity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 L&R | TNB